Bitcoin has finally surmounted the greatest psychological barrier of all, passing $10,000 and showing no signs of stopping. Following a week of consolidating at all-time high levels around $8,000, Bitcoin found the strength to move up powerfully over the Thanksgiving weekend.
WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – As a nominee to lead the Fed, veteran governor Jerome Powell sides with the outgoing chair Janet Yellen in arguing that the Fed’s easy money policy has paid off by bringing millions back to work without any clear sign it has thrown markets off kilter.
Investing.com – U.S. new home sales unexpectedly jumped in October, bolstering optimism over the health of the real estate sector, official data showed on Monday.
Next trading day's important events
- 03:00 (GMT+3) NZ – RBNZ Deputy Governor Grant Spencer speech
- 16:00 (GMT+3) Germany – Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices (YoY) (Nov)
- 16:30 (GMT+3) US – Gross Domestic Product Annualized (Q3)
- 17:00 (GMT+3) UK – BOE's Governor Carney speech
- 18:00 (GMT+3) US – Fed's Yellen testifies
- USDJPY: 111.39
- EURUSD: 1.1878
- S&P 500: 2607.27
- NASDAQ: 6888.87